HopeTree Academy is a comprehensive secondary education institution that:
- Features a 6:1 student teacher ratio
- Stimulates intellectual curiosity
- Develops personal integrity
- Fosters respect for individual differences
- Emphasizes high standards for student achievement, behavior, and career development
The Academy serves students who require an alternative or special education school in order to succeed. It does so in ways that enable them to be responsible citizens as well as capable, employable adults. Through dual-enrollment with Virginia Western Community College and apprenticeship agreements with area businesses, HopeTree Academy students have access to job training in over 20 different career fields, ranging from nursing to auto mechanics to culinary arts.